What should you do if your Minneapolis home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system protects your residence – and your loved ones – against the various risks you may encounter, like burglary, fire, and flooding. Despite the fact that your home may be ready, that doesn’t necessarily mean you are. Do you understand what to do if your Minneapolis home alarm system goes off? The blasting of an alarm can be jarring, disorienting, and could cause panic. Your best choice is to stay composed and abide by these straightforward suggestions.
Steps to Take Whenever Your Home Alarm System In Minneapolis Triggers
It’s a circumstance nobody desires to face, but it’s also the reason why you installed a home alarm system from the outset. You’re awakened in the wee hours of the morning with the telltale blaring of an alarm after a security sensor has been activated. What should you do?
- Don’t panic. This is easier said than done when your home security alarm is blasting, and your heart is pounding. But keeping yourself calm is the best way to appraise what is happening. Avoid the temptation of trying to deal with the emergency on your own and let your monitoring experts and first responders carry out their job.
- Take care of your loved ones. Your main focus should be your family and moving them out of danger. If you are dealing with a burglary, this might involve moving to an appointed safe room as far from entrances as possible. There’s a good chance that your alarm may have scared off the trespasser, but it’s always better to be safe than sorry. If there’s smoke or flames, you ought to vacate your residence immediately.
- Don’t forget your cell phone. Nowadays, almost all people have their smartphones at all times, but you could fail to take it during a crisis. Try to remember it. You’ll have the opportunity to keep in contact with your monitoring experts and get notifications through your home security app.
Work With Your 24-hour Monitoring Team
Whenever your home alarm system in Minneapolis goes off, your 24/7 monitoring specialists will act immediately. Their first step is to confirm your alarm, and that means communicating with you. The procedure they abide by depends on the sort of emergency. For example, if a medical emergency is initiated, a single attempt will be made to contact you before help is deployed. If you’re dealing with a burglary alarm - the most common kind of alarm - a monitoring professional will abide by these guidelines to reach out to you:
- An effort will be made to reach you using the touchscreen interface. You will generally be requested to provide a passcode.
- If that is not successful, a call is made to your primary contact number.
- An alternate number or first emergency contact is tried next.
- If there is still no answer, area law enforcement officers are sent.
- Your monitoring agents will follow up with you again after authorities are alerted.
If you're not in a situation where you can interact with monitoring agents, don't worry. Assistance will still be deployed even when you're unable to confirm the emergency.
Be prepared for any emergency with a Vivint home alarm system in Minneapolis
Stay ready for any situation with a state-of-the-art home alarm system in Minneapolis from Vivint. Contact (612) 662-1765 to begin designing your property’s protection today.