Tips to cut down on false alarms in Minneapolis
False alarms are a real concern for your home’s security. They not only decrease the trust you have in your installation, but they may be costly and time-consuming. Thankfully, you are able to do a number of things to minimize false alarms from your Minneapolis sensors and alarms.
As the first step, be sure that your devices installed as intended. This might sound like a no-brainer, but it’s often the case that overlooked user errors lead to false alarms. For the next step, keep an eye on potential causes of false alarms, such as a back door that might be left open by accident. And of course, feel free to use the many features like home automation and scheduling to cut down on false alarms in Minneapolis.
Could it be really that straightforward? Keep reading to see for yourself.
Many false alarms in Minneapolis could be averted
Like diagnosing any concern, the first thing to do is reference the guidebook. Ensure all devices are set up correctly from your perspective by:
- Running a system analysis via your smart hub.
- Physically inspect each device to be certain it didn't slip or need a new battery.
- Look over your preset schedules to make sure that your alarms aren’t engaging at inappropriate times.
- Ensure all recently added smart devices are incorporated correctly and aren't interfering with your home’s alarm.
Reach out to your service agent if you are still having problems cutting down false alarms in your Minneapolis security system. They'll be pleased to schedule a tech to inspect your system.
Check your doors and windows
In the event your installation checks out installed properly, the ensuing measure is to thoroughly inspect the house. Are your doors and widows tightly secured, or are any inadvertently cracked? If an access point is left open, it could activate an activated sensor. If your household constantly fails to close an entrance, you can incorporate a smart lock that automatically locks when the alarm is activated. Sadly, windows take extra manual maintenance, mainly if you have a loved one who likes to sleep with a window cracked. Luckily, your Vivint installation makes it simple to disengage that device while still shielding the rest of the residence.
Smart home automation can be a smart technique to cut down on false alarms in Minneapolis
One of the smartest ways to minimize the chance of false alarms is to incorporate smart home automation into your home security system. By using your security app, you’re able to:
- Program a schedule to turn off the alarm when you’re in the house and avoid false alarms that happen due to accidentally unlocking an entry point. You can then program the alarm to reactivate automatically again at night as you prepare for bed.
- Set your home security to disengage as your smart lock is activated with the right number combination.
- Use geotracking to arm the alarm if you depart the property, then disarm when you come back to the house.
- Receive smartphone alerts when your devices detect unusual movements or require a new battery.
- Link your home security to a smart home speaker, so you can turn your system on or off without the smartphone app or central interface.
Cut down on false alarms in Minneapolis with a Vivint smart home system
An enhanced level of control over your alarm system means less chance of false alarms. To customize your Vivint smart home, contact (612) 662-1765 or complete the form on this page.