Online shopping and daily deliveries have become a way of life for countless residents. You love the convenience of having items left at your door, but there is a drawback. Those packages sitting in the open are temptations to potential thieves. Porch piracy has become a serious issue, but you are able to protect yourself from it by getting a doorbell camera with your home security system. These components are effective tools to combat opportunistic thieves, but they do significantly more.
Take a second to learn more about how they work and why they’ll likely come to be an integral facet of your smart home.
Benefits of a Minneapolis video doorbell
Manufactured in wired and wireless options, video doorbells provide a range of sophisticated features, and the technology keeps improving. You can now customize detection zones, talk to whoever’s on your porch, and receive instant updates whenever an item is delivered.
The best way to find out how a Minneapolis video doorbell camera works is to explore the various perks it gives you. Take a look at the following features:
- Active theft deterrent: You can’t find this on all models, but there are several smart video doorbells that take action in deterring crime with visual and audible warnings. This is a great way to let thieves know someone is watching.
- 180-degree x 180-degree camera view: You will benefit from seeing the total picture, and that includes the faces of individuals at your door and boxes on the ground. Cameras with superior 180-degree field of vision offer a total perspective.
- High-resolution images no matter the hour: What’s the purpose of implementing a doorbell camera if the images are poor quality and hard to see? Top models will include exceptional high dynamic range (HDR) resolution and night vision.
- Package alerts: Would you like to be informed when a package is dropped off? You can get automatic alerts from video doorbells that are able to differentiate between people and deliveries.
- Talk to the person at your door: Is someone waiting at your main entry? Bi-directional audio lets you find out what they want. You might even utilize this handy feature to frighten off people lurking around your walkway.
- Avoid false alarms: Leading doorbell cameras will even allow you to configure your own detection zones. Restricting the viewing area will allow you to cut down on false alarms brought about by walkers, cars, or animals.
- Instant access to video: A video doorbell incorporated into your smart home gives you the opportunity to see real-time and archived video straight from your smartphone security app.
Video doorbells keep you in touch with your home like never before, as you can interact with them directly from your mobile device, no matter where you are. They’ll notify you when something or someone arrives, show you what’s going on, and even permit you to communicate with the individual at your door. These devices have become must-haves in terms of safety and convenience.